Release Notes for OpenJPA
These notes describe the difference between OpenJPA release 1.0.3 and the
preceding releases 1.0.0, 1.0.1 and 1.0.2. 1.0.3 is a maintenance release
and contains primarily bugfixes.
OpenJPA is a feature-rich implementation of the persistence part of
Java Community Process JSR-220 (Enterprise JavaBeans 3.0), which is
known as the Java Persistence API (JPA).
OpenJPA can be used as a stand-alone POJO persistence layer, or it can be
integrated into any EJB3.0 compliant container and many lightweight frameworks.
This release of OpenJPA is 100% compliant with the JPA specification.
Additional information on the OpenJPA project may be found at the project web
Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
or more contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file
distributed with this work for additional information
regarding copyright ownership. The ASF licenses this file
to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
"License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
software distributed under the License is distributed on an
"AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the
specific language governing permissions and limitations
under the License.
The license may also be found in LICENSE.txt which is included
in each release of OpenJPA.
In normal usage, OpenJPA requires Java 5 or higher and a relational
database of some sort.
If you have questions about OpenJPA, a good source of information is the
online product manual. You can find the manual for the current release as well
as older releases of OpenJPA at
If you can't find what you're looking for in the manual or would like more
clarification you please post to the OpenJPA development mailing list.
Information on all of the OpenJPA mailing lists may be found here:
The Apache OpenJPA project is being built by the open source community for the
open source community - we welcome your input and contributions!
What we are looking for
- Source code and fixes contributions
- Documentation assistance
- Product and feature suggestions
- Detailed and constructive feedback
- Articles and whitepapers
How do I Contribute?
Release Notes - OpenJPA - Version 1.0.3
- To discuss Apache OpenJPA topics check out the mailing lists.
- Informal discussion also occurs on the #openjpa IRC channel on
- Bugs and other issues can be posted on the project JIRA.
- [OPENJPA-517] - Oracle also supports WITH statements
- [OPENJPA-555] - MappingTool got NullPointerException in DB2Dictionary.isDB2ZOSV8xOrLater()
- [OPENJPA-575] - Use do priv for to get CL for Oracle empty blob/clob
- [OPENJPA-591] - Entities are flushed before being detached or serialized
- [OPENJPA-648] - Table generator uses incorrect schema name
- [OPENJPA-51] - bad sql pushdown, sub select is missing from clause
- [OPENJPA-209] - Query returning 2 entities w/unidir 1-1 relationship gets openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: Address with the same id already exists in the L1 cache.
- [OPENJPA-245] - Attach NEW and auto-increment identity
- [OPENJPA-499] - Missing dependencies in openjpa-persistence and openjpa-persistence-jdbc
- [OPENJPA-512] - Maven build fails if -Dmaven.test.skip=true
- [OPENJPA-518] - openJpa jar is being locked causing future deployments on an app server to fail
- [OPENJPA-527] - Merge of new one-to-many list only persists last element.
- [OPENJPA-529] - ManagedClassSubclasses stores table names twice.
- [OPENJPA-535] - Javadoc spelling errors in SchemaFactory and Localizer
- [OPENJPA-537] - openjpa-parent pom should not overwrite central repository setting
- [OPENJPA-540] - Classloading issue with WAS, Spring, and OpenJPA
- [OPENJPA-542] - OracleDictionary.getEmptyClob uses its classloader instead of the current classloader.
- [OPENJPA-543] - Unclosed prepared statements in SQLStoreQuery.executeUpdate.
- [OPENJPA-547] - INNER JOIN Fetch query incorrectly generates LEFT join SQL
- [OPENJPA-552] - Do not recognize Connection* properties in persistence.xml in appl server container
- [OPENJPA-554] - The GetMapValue class should have/supply an alias for ORDER-BY clauses.
- [OPENJPA-559] - java.rmi.MarshalException due to mismatched serialization UIDs of: Source (RepId RMI:org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DetachedStateManager
- [OPENJPA-565] - Duplicate @NamedQuery terminates subsequent @NameQuery definitions in @NamedQueries
- [OPENJPA-632] - setFirstResult and setMaxResults not working for Oracle.
- [OPENJPA-374] - OpenJPA build process enhances Entity classes even when testing is deactivated via -Dtest=false
- [OPENJPA-541] - Generate SQL92 JOIN syntax for Oracle 9 or later releases
Release notes for earlier releases of OpenJPA may be found in SVN at the following locations.
OpenJPA 1.0.2 RELEASE-NOTES.html
OpenJPA 1.0.1 RELEASE-NOTES.html
OpenJPA 1.0.0 RELEASE-NOTES.html