Release Notes for OpenJPA 1.0.4
These notes describe the difference between OpenJPA release 1.0.4 and the
preceding release 1.0.3.
OpenJPA is a feature-rich implementation of the persistence part of
Java Community Process JSR-220 (Enterprise JavaBeans 3.0), which is
known as the Java Persistence API (JPA).
OpenJPA can be used as a stand-alone POJO persistence layer, or it can be
integrated into any EJB3.0 compliant container and many lightweight frameworks.
This release of OpenJPA is 100% compliant with the JPA specification.
Additional information on the OpenJPA project may be found at the project web
Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
or more contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file
distributed with this work for additional information
regarding copyright ownership. The ASF licenses this file
to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
"License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
software distributed under the License is distributed on an
"AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the
specific language governing permissions and limitations
under the License.
The license may also be found in LICENSE.txt which is included
in each release of OpenJPA.
In normal usage, OpenJPA requires Java 5 or higher and a relational
database of some sort.
If you have questions about OpenJPA, a good source of information is the
online product manual. You can find the manual for the current release as well
as older releases of OpenJPA at
If you can't find what you're looking for in the manual or would like more
clarification you please post to the OpenJPA development mailing list.
Information on all of the OpenJPA mailing lists may be found here:
The Apache OpenJPA project is being built by the open source community for the
open source community - we welcome your input and contributions!
What we are looking for
- Source code and fixes contributions
- Documentation assistance
- Product and feature suggestions
- Detailed and constructive feedback
- Articles and whitepapers
How do I Contribute?
- To discuss Apache OpenJPA topics check out the mailing lists.
- Informal discussion also occurs on the #openjpa IRC channel on
- Bugs and other issues can be posted on the project JIRA.
- [OPENJPA-210] - Query returning 2 entities w/1-1 relationship returns wrong types in the result list
- [OPENJPA-466] - Primary key constraint violated using (Oracle) sequence to generate ID in multithreaded app
- [OPENJPA-536] - getMetaData() causes OutOfMemoryError under some cases
- [OPENJPA-572] - Merge operation fails with IdClass composite key
- [OPENJPA-573] - JPQL: The combination LIKE ESCAPE does not accept parameters
- [OPENJPA-594] - Incorrect schema separator used for Informix tables
- [OPENJPA-605] - Informix will throw an exception when a unique index is explictily created on the primary key columns
- [OPENJPA-606] - InformixDictionary default setting beaks many testcases
- [OPENJPA-622] - Informix -lock timieout, cursor not open problem for NonJTA datasource transaction RESOURCE_LOCAL in JEE
- [OPENJPA-629] - When creating foreign keys the schema name is not trimmed for WS before checking DB
- [OPENJPA-644] - Handle databaseProductVersion string from newer jcc driver for DB2 ISeries
- [OPENJPA-645] - Date millisecond precision lost for Informix IDS and SQLServer
- [OPENJPA-650] - Document openjpa.RuntimeUnenhancedClasses=unsupported/warn configuration property
- [OPENJPA-685] - Problem enhancing test cases with Maven 2.0.9
- [OPENJPA-710] - Unordered collection field adds ORDER BY clause
- [OPENJPA-711] - PDF manual lacks images
- [OPENJPA-713] - openjpa-1.2.0.jar file is 11 MB
- [OPENJPA-715] - OpenJpa does not generate IDs properly. "duplicate key value in a unique or primary key constraint" while merging object tree.
- [OPENJPA-724] - Corrections for the manual
- [OPENJPA-727] - Image mapping-table.png missing in HTML manual
- [OPENJPA-864] - Subquery problems with SYNTAX_DATABASE (Oracle)
- [OPENJPA-873] - @MappedSuperClass Cause Null Pointer Exception in Class With IdClass
- [OPENJPA-896] - Several source files include Windows EoL chars
- [OPENJPA-917] - stored procedures throw InvalidStateException when using getSingleResult() or getResultList()
- [OPENJPA-951] - Javadoc jar file does not contain legal files
- [OPENJPA-1025] - AbstractResultList.subList throws UnsupportedOperationException
- [OPENJPA-1029] - SQLServerDictionary causes NumberFormatException if MS SQL Server JDBC driver is used
- [OPENJPA-1061] - Entities extending from a Mapped Superclass that defines the ID fields share the same ObjectID type parameter
- [OPENJPA-1067] - SetQueryTimeout(x) where x != 0 causes SQLException with DB2 on Z/OS
- [OPENJPA-1197] - NativeQueries fail with MySQL
- [OPENJPA-1243] - migrate Informix functionality from 1.2 to 1.0.x
- [OPENJPA-1244] - Activation profiles should be more inclusive
- [OPENJPA-1308] - shouldn't always use CAST with UPPER and LOWER for DB2
- [OPENJPA-1328] - Move cacheable class configuration to ClassMetaData
- [OPENJPA-1457] - Remove Java.net maven repostiory from tck pom.xml
- [OPENJPA-1678] - SQL Parameter values may contain sensitive information and should not be logged by default.
- [OPENJPA-633] - Update the release process to use maven plugins
- [OPENJPA-666] - MS SQL Server 2005 does not support native sequences.
- [OPENJPA-726] - Provide MD5Sums for latest downloads
- [OPENJPA-752] - ProxySetupStateManager.setProxyData routing through PersistanceCapable caused "PersistenceException: null"
- [OPENJPA-772] - Proper maven pluginManagement and use ianal-maven-plugin for enforcing legal files
- [OPENJPA-779] - patch for eclipse .project and .classpath files...
- [OPENJPA-876] - Better test profiles for proprietary databases (DB2, Oracle) and continuous build
- [OPENJPA-881] - Enable connection pooling for testcases.
- [OPENJPA-901] - Use hosted JAI artifacts as the default for the docbook build
- [OPENJPA-975] - Oracle needs ability to not have an escape character for search strings.
- [OPENJPA-1045] - Add opt-in and opt-out configuration for L2 DataCache
- [OPENJPA-1136] - Add .gitignore for git users
- [OPENJPA-1557] - Logging configuration is difficult for running tests
- [OPENJPA-374] - OpenJPA build process enhances Entity classes even when testing is deactivated via -Dtest=false
- [OPENJPA-541] - Generate SQL92 JOIN syntax for Oracle 9 or later releases
Release notes for earlier releases of OpenJPA may be found in SVN at the following locations.
OpenJPA 1.0.3 RELEASE-NOTES.html
OpenJPA 1.0.2 RELEASE-NOTES.html
OpenJPA 1.0.1 RELEASE-NOTES.html
OpenJPA 1.0.0 RELEASE-NOTES.html